Tuesday, January 19, 2010


If I was a scientist I would want to be a dentist. A dentist is basically someone who performs a variety of dental procedures to diagonse and treat conditions of the mouth and teeth. Also dental schools require a minimum of 2 years of collage-level predental education prior to admittance. And most dental students have at least a bachelor's degree before entering dental school but a few applicants are accepted to dental school after 2 or 3 years of collage and complete their bachelor's degree while attending dental school. A dentist is appealing to me because dentists really get to help people and interact with new people each and every day. Also dentists get to do a lot of work with their hands. I enjoy doing little projects with my hands such as model airplanes, and puzzles. This job matches my interests becuase I would much rather be working with people rather than sitting at a desk alone working on papers all day. This job is great because you are constantly moving from room to room and meeting new people. When I get a job my goals are very simple they are to earn a good salary and enjoy what I do. I believe I would enjoy this job very much because I am a people person and I would get to basiclly be in control of everyone working in my office. Also the average dentists earns about $147,000 per year, this would be could because I would be able to purchase items I want to buy and be able to support my family. This job fits my learning style very well because I am a visual learner. Dentist work with lots of model teeth, x-rays, actual teeth, and even charts. The legacy dentists have left for future generations is to help promote oral hygiene.

4 comments:

smarts_15 said...

If only it were easy to find a job that you like if every one had a job they liked america would be crazy and the jobs that need to be done wont have that many people working on them.

Jay said...

I agree with smarts, you may get a job that you like, but that mat always happen. If you don't get a job you like, will you work at all? And not all jobs have great income either. But besides that, you did a good job.

john said...

your website was very easy to read, and you got right to the point. You picked a good career since you like working with people and with your hands. that cool how big your salary would be, especially for doing a job you like. The kid in the picture on your site looks like he is a nervous!

nick said...

Very nice blog. I understand what you have to go through to become a dentist, and you got right to the point of what information was needed for this blog